Monday, December 10, 2012

God's Grace=Freedom


The GRACE of GOD gives us FREEDOM. 

"Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound, but where sin abounded, grace did much more abound." Romans 5:20

When we confess our sins to God we are given a "fresh start", a "redo", a "new life" because of the Grace of God. 

Romans 6:1-4 (NLT Version) Personalize the scripture to be applicable to you

"What shall I say then? Shall I continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall I who died to sin live any longer in it? Don't I know when I was baptized into Christ Jesus I was baptized into His death? Therefore, I was buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father even so I also should walk in newness of life."

Romans 6:12-14 Personalize the scripture to be applicable to you

"Therefore I will not let sin reign in my mortal body, that I should obey it in its lusts. And I will not present my members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present myself to God as being alive from the dead, and my members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over me, for I am not under the law, but under grace."

In order for sin to "reign" over you, then you must be habitual in your sin. In order for sin not to rule over us, it requires effort on our part to not allow it to.
 
Personal statement for dealing with sin ruling over me
" Sin shall not reign over me because I am under Grace. Sin will not reign over me because I am not under the law." 

1 Corinthians 6:12

"All things are lawful for me, but all thins are not (HELPFUL/EXPEDIENT) : All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." 
 
We have to deal with the authority of sin over our lives. Sin should not have authority over us because we are under grace. Just because the law aka the world says it is okay, does not mean it is spiritually and morally oaky.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9

"Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three time that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore  most gladly will I rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ Jesus may rest upon me."
 


God knows if he "removes" are weaknesses/thorns, that we will result back to the law and exalt ourselves. When I am weak, He is strong.

  • God's grace gives me power
God's power works best in our weaknesses/infirmities. Every time we "slip" we have the power to get back up because of God's grace. Which means we have the power to see the "slip" coming.