Friday, December 21, 2012

Million Dollar Question



This week I was asked a "million dollar question":

What helps me obey God?

I sat and pondered on this question for a moment and then I responded which I will share with you.

I obey God because if I do not what else do I have?

The things in life I have experienced, because of the choices I made, has resulted in me relying on God as my primary source of existence, life, purpose, etc.

Without the realization of God and His purpose, then I am just going through the motions of life as a FOOL. I wake up everyday to go to work for a paycheck, then I come home eat, sleep, and then do it all over again. What kind of life is that?

With the realization of God, I am made anew--I am refreshed to have a sense of purpose. Through the realization of God I am a new creature. All the wrong I have done has been erased!!! Knowing this gives me peace. On this alone, I will follow and obey God for his GRACE that he has given me that I do not deserve. He should of struck me dead for the things  that I have done, but instead he said :

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV)

"Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on." Matthew 6:25 (KJV)

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)

Therefore, I obey God because he is the only one who has been there for me. When family and friends turned their back on me , God stood right by my side. He stayed with me through my "mess". He took a beating and was persecuted for my "foolishness". For that, I will obey God because obeying Him is good for me. When I do not obey God, all "hell breaks loose"and I am not at peace. But when I obey God my path is set straight and I see the light before me and I am at peace. Thanks be to God for his GRACE!!

"There is a way which seemeth right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
Proverbs 14:12 (KJV)

Why do you obey God?