Monday, December 10, 2012

Graced for Good Works


The shift from the law, to love...

God's grace is:
  1. God's mercy;
  2. God's forgiveness; and
  3. God' love toward us.
Consider this:

( Personalize the scriptures for yourself)

 "I was dead, doomed forever because of my many sins. I used to live just like the rest of the world, full of sin, obeying Satan, the mighty prince of the power of the air. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refused to obey God. I used to live that way, following the passions and desires of my evil nature. I was born with an evil nature, and I was under God's anger just like everyone else."  
Ephesians 2:1-3

"But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved me so very much, that even while I was dead because of my sins, He gave me life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's special favor that I have been saved!) For He raised me from the dead along with Christ and I am one with Christ Jesus."  
Ephesians 2:4-6

" And so God can always point to me as an example of the incredible wealth of His favor and kindness toward us as shown in all He has done for me through Christ Jesus. God saved me by his special favor when I believed. And I can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God, salvation is not a reward for the good things I have done, so I cannot boast about it for I am God's masterpiece. He has created me anew in Christ Jesus so that I can do the good things planned for me long ago." Ephesians 2:7-10

Our heavenly father is so wondersful and awesome. He still shows us love even when we do not acknowledge His existence. He still takes care of us even when we turn away from him. Remember the stroy of Adam and Eve? When they sinned they knew they were naked. They hid because they were ashamed. God specificlaly told them not to eat from the tree of knowledge, but they disobeyed God anyway. God punished them and let them know the consequences for their sin. He told Adam he will have to labor all the days of his life and that Eve must bare children. But, after he laid down the punishment he still provided away to take care of man even though he was disobedient. He clothed Adam and Eve. 

If God was not loving or cared about us why would he clothe Adam and Eve after they deliberately went against what He had said? Can we honestly say that we can display this type of love for one another when we are disappointed by each other. Personally, for me I tend to have the attidue of "personal problem", why should I be inconvenienced because you don't listen?

Lucky for the world I am not God. But you see the difference. God wants us to be taken care of us. He does not want to see us struggle despite our shortcomings. Now isn't that a wonderful blessing to know that our heavenly father loves us that much? It is indeed!!!