Thursday, December 13, 2012

Walking with God is Not "Easy"




Problems arise with walking with God when we refuse to acknowledge his presence. Have you ever wondered when you were "lost" living in the world, why your plan did not work ? It may have worked temporarily , but I guarantee you that whatever you do, if it is not in line with God's plan for your life it will always fail. I am a living testimony of this. For years I ran away from God until I exhausted all of my options and abilities in the natural sense, that I had no choice but to run towards God.

God tells us:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30 (KJV)

Sometimes its hard for us as Christians to have a relationship with God because we cannot see God nor tough him. We are human creatures who requires a lot of different things. Unfortunately, this is the essence of FAITH. If we do not have our faith or place our trust into the one true God then what do we have?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)

"But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them tha diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

Just because we are Christians, does not mean that we are immune from "life" happening to us. We will still experience pain, hurt, anger, and disappointments of life; however, when we are saved by God's through Jesus Christ we are better equipped to deal with such encounters.

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience: And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Romans 5:3-5 (KJV)

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-3 (KJV) 

"Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:14 (KJV) 

Following God's way is hard if we try to walk with God in our own strength. We are only able to walk with God through the Spirit of God. 

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Which team would you rather be on? There are only two paths we can choose in life. We can choose the path of death and destruction, which Satan will be our ruler and we are his servant. Or we can choose the path of life and eternal blessings, which God will be our ruler and we are his servant.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and the other..." Matthew 6:24 (KJV)